POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distributed Rendering program (continued) : Must 3.5 be changed Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Must 3.5 be changed
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 20 Sep 2002 06:03:11
Message: <3d8af25f@news.povray.org>
I would also prefer a Version that works with a standard POV 3.5, as I would
like to be able to exchange
my pic's etc. with the community and have the same results..

After reading above I have doubt if there is even a theoretical
chance to make radiosity work on "tiled rendering" without modifying the 3.5
code.
What do the experts say ?

Did I hear some subtones saying that  the calculation diffrences on
mathematics/CPU's/OS'es
may eventually influence the result in (only/not only ?) radiosity so that
the tiles would not fit perfectly together IF they are not rendered on the
same platform ?

I'd prefer if there would be something "builtin" in the next POV-version
that would enable to
make "tiling" possible and maybe some support from the normal POV-Shell ?
In the easiest form that would be the possibility to start two processes,
telling each which part of the pic to render. (= simple SMP Support).

--Theo

Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering on all CPU's you have.
With SMPOV und POV-Ray 3.5. Download free at:
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm